What you get out of your massage (that you pay hard earned money for) is entirely up to you. I WANT you to get the most out of your session because I want you to feel the best possible results.
- Check-in with you body before you arrive and be able to describe what is going on, i.e. what hurts, what kind of pain/discomfort, how long has it been going on, does it change, is it constant, etc.
- Arrive hydrated. Contrary to popular myth - massage does not release toxins into the bloodstream - there is zero scientific proof of this. HOWEVER, being dehydrated decreases blood flow, decreases muscle, tendon and ligament elasticity. Being hydrated means that the tissue is soft and supple and ready to receive massage.
- Turn your phone off. Being distracted by or anticipating a call or text keeps the mind busy and disconnected from your body.
- Don't make any plans AFTER your massage. Give your self time to enjoy the benefits and integrate them into your system.
- Don't workout for 24 hours after your massage - see number 4 above.
- Arrive a few minutes early so that your session can start on time. If you book a 90-minute session, your session will end at the scheduled time. I want you on the table for as much time as possible.